Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Prettiest Skies

No knitting pics today because I'm *this* close to finishing my shawl so hopefully that will be the knitting content of my next post. One thing that's making it go a bit quicker is I taught myself to purl backwards!! The border of the shawl is garter stitch lace so every row is knit but to avoid having to flip this huge shawl for every other row, I figured if one can knit backwards (I never tried this but I have read about it) why not purl backwards? So I followed the path that the purl stitch makes and success!!! Now with the RS facing me I knit the lace row right to left and the purl back row, left to right!! And I'm able to keep in pattern with the garter lace with no more flipping!! Perhaps this isn't earth shattering but it's got me totally chuffed! :::Debi Does Happy Dance:::

We had the weirdest weather today. About 4 pm the sky got very dark and I could hear really loud thunder. Then I heard these strange bang,bang,bang noises...both Pumpkin and I rushed to the front door to see what was happening...quarter sized hail stones!! with torrential rain. In about 5 minutes it was over and the sun was shining and this is what I saw from my front balcony...

Florida doesn't have the most attractive foliage or lush green terrain but we do have weather that keeps you guessing! And we do have some truly beautiful skies! Actually this rainbow is nothing...sometimes we get enormous double rainbows that stretch like a giant semi-circle in the sky that you can see from end to end. I hope I have my camera the next time I see one of those but I think this one is pretty and all the more surprising for the hail shower 5 minutes before!

Now if you want to see some beautiful knitting and some cute socks, go visit my bud Ada

Have a happy Monday and a Memorial Day full of hot dogs, apple pie and your "Knitting Water" of choice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florida weather is truly odd. For years I've thought the state slogan should be changed from "The Sunshine State" to "The Freaky Weather State". With all of the humidity and heat and less than lovely foliage....the rainbows are always awesome.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, I miss Florida. My mom was raised there and we used to go visit every year while growing up to visit the grands, but as an adult it's hard to get back.

My favorite place in Florida, Boca Grande.