Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm a two project kinda gal!

I guess it's the Virgo in me, but I like order and control.

In my knitting life, I'm a two project kinda gal....usually something portable (socks, socks and more socks!! and did I mention, socks!! hehe...)and a second larger, less portable/more complex project. To be honest, when I read blogs or lists and knitters admit to having 5, 10 or even more ongoing projects, I feel dizzy and I break out in a sweat just contemplating all those unfinished WIP's! How does one make any progress when your knitting time is spread out over so many projects? As they say, whatever floats your boat and if knitting ADD works for you, god bless ya! I just know, for me, it makes me a bit crazy thinking about it.....bring on the Paxil!

My socks are my school knitting for the most part. I freely admit I love to knit socks! There are an infinite number of patterns available, from plain to colorwork to lace to cables to suit any and all tastes, they require a minimal investment relative to the amount of yarn you might use for a bigger project like a sweater, they allow you to try out small amounts of yarn before you invest big bucks, they are very portable, you can "cut loose" and go for something really bold outside of your normal comfort zone and everyone I know has feet :)

Here's my latest sock in progress:

It's Regia Jubilee in the Taiga colorway in the Fluted Banister pattern from the Six_Sock_Knitalong. These are gonna be for Dad for Father's Day.

My current "big" project is a shawl by Myrna Stahlman from the book, "The Best of Knitter's Shawls and Scarves". I'm using Blue Heron fingering weight Mercerized Cotton in the colorway Opal. I am just LOVING this project! The yarn is beautiful, soft, shimmery and easy to work with. The pattern is fun and interesting. I usually don't like knitting with cotton but I am really enjoying this and not having any of the hand/wrist pain that I usually get with pure cotton. I'm about one third finished, here's the visual:

To anyone who loves lace knitting and shawls, I highly recommend this book...there are some really amazing shawls in it. I have at least 3 more on my short "to do" list. $19.95 very well spent! I also have Myrna Stahlman's Shawls and Scarves book winging it's way to me, so I can compare the two once it arrives!

Lastly, a little update on Pumpkin. We went to the vet today and unfortunately we are still with cone :(
The vet last week was not our regular, Dr. Romano, as she was on vacation. Dr. Ohms told me Pumpkin was healed and we just needed one more week of medication "to be safe". Today, when Dr. Romano saw him, she found a tiny little slit of unhealed ulcer! I was so disappointed, I actually burst into tears! It's been six weeks and although Pumpkin has been an angel about all this medicine/pain/conehead collar business I know it must frighten him and I just hate hurting him in any way! It surely is getting on my last nerve, especially when he runs away from me :(
So here's my boy....think good healing thoughts for us when we go back to the vet for the *seventh* time next Tuesday!!

Knit on through all crisis, right? I'm trying!!!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Um....huh? :)

Anonymous said...

well, I came here to comment on how puss's puss is not one of a happy camper. But your first commenter elicited a WTF moment in me too. I think you have been spammed dear Deb.

La
www.knottygirls.com/jenlablog

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog from a referral address on mine and I'm so glad that I came. Its wonderful to find another Florida knitter and that shawl you are working on is gorgeous. I'm so impressed!

ready to wear asian clothes uk said...

My socks are my school knitting for the most part. I freely admit I love to knit socks! There are an infinite number of patterns available, from plain to colorwork to lace to cables to suit any and all tastes, pakistani lawn suits with chiffon dupatta , 2 piece suit online shopping in pakistan they require a minimal investment relative to the amount of yarn you might use for a bigger project like a sweater, they allow you to try out small amounts of yarn before you invest big bucks, they are very portable, you can "cut loose" and go for something really bold outside of your normal comfort zone and everyone I know has feet :)