Saturday, October 25, 2008

So many socks!!


Anyone who knows me even a little, knows I am a pretty monogamous knitter.

For me it's one "big" project and one smaller/portable project, usually socks. Any more than that and I get nervous and jerky - I'm just not a knitter who does well with multiple WIP's.

Since the Vest from Hades has been my "big" project since February (February!!! GAH that makes me shudder just to put in writing how long it took me to force myself to finally finish the heinous beast!) I've knit a lot of socks :)

I'm also almost finished with the Fugly Sock Yarn Blanket of Doom v2 but I'll save that for another post.

I've been holding out on my FKD fans and have not shown you all the socks cropping up around Chez Blog de Fluffy so I made y'all a little mosaic.....



1. Quilted Lava Socks, 2. SKA July Mystery Sock, 3. Little Pumpkin Socks,
4.
Cheetos Redux, 5. Fluffy Fowards, 6. Blue Komets


All the Deets are here on my Rav project page if you're interested.

These were a fun group of socks.....the upper middle ones were a Microgauge Mystery Sock designed by Rebecca Hatcher for the Sock Knitters Anonymous Group. The microgauge (10 or more stitches per inch) almost killed my wrists but they have the coolest toe up heel construction ever! Plus they were a truly gorgeous sock!

The socks in the upper right corner were a prize I donated for Claudia's MS Ride last spring. Imagine my freak out chagrin when I found out said prize winner was none other than prolific sock designer, Anne Hanson! But I did my best and I think she really liked them cause she gave them a rave review!

Speaking of mosaics and Mystery socks....(smooth segue, huh?) you may not know that along with SKA's monthly technique and designer challenges (as well as being the fouth largest group on Ravelry!!) every other month we have a Mystery Sock that reflects the technique of that month's challenge.

November's challenge will be mosiac/slip stitch knitting and the Mystery Sock is being designed by an eager yet humble (and terrified!) designer....ME!!

I'm always encouraging the members to challenge themselves and grow as knitter's and I figured I needed to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. So despite never having ever knit a mosaic pattern, I designed one :)

i'm too thin skinned to be "a designer" but I am very proud of the pattern. It's a clean, classic design that in the right colors, could be for a woman or a man. Plus I had a really cool test knitter who gave the pattern two thumbs up! So if you want more info or care to join us :::quiver::: the more the merrier!



The P-Man says peek on in, you'll have a good time! See ya there!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful socks!!! And yay on your design!

Anonymous said...

You have been holding back on the socks! I admire someone who can be project-monogamous. I guess I'm a bit of project-whore, really! Well done on the design; I hope it all goes smoothly.

Carole Knits said...

That's a lot of socks!

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited about your design - I just have to go through my stash to see if I have anything appropriate . I'm really on a yarn diet, saving for the Madrona Fiber Festival and hopefully, a class with Nancy Bush. My only frustration is that I'll be out of town until the 3rd and probably won't have internet access until then, so I'll just have to be patient!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring! Just what I need, I haven't finished a sock in a year!

Cookie said...

Sock love!

It's a wonderful pattern. You should be very proud.

Love the little man, too. :D

xo

Lorette said...

That is an inspiring bunch of finished socks! So what's the next "big" project?

Kris said...

Great Wall O' Socks. Very nice indeed. So... do you have plans for your next "big" knitting project or are you taking a "breather" after that vest?

Opal said...

Lovely socks! I really like Cheetos Redux and I'm not even a fan of orange!

Congrats on the sock design!

Debi said...

I have a few Holiday Gifts to finish up including the sock yarn blanket which is a gift for my neighbor/fiend so I'll be doing that for a while longer. Of course I'll be knitting socks too.

Then I think I want to do a decent, enjoyable! short sleeved top for my Mom...we'll see :P

Claudia said...

They're so pretty! And I'm so jealous. I still don't know how to knit socks. :(

La Cabeza Grande said...

What a beautiful smorgasbord of handknit goodness! Those Cheetos are good enough to eat up all by themselves. Man, am I jealous of your sock prowess!

Madge said...

You rule the sock! And don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. Or I'll break their knee caps.

Congrats on adding designer to your stable of knitterly accomplishments!

***

Cheetos. Heh. I've seen them on your project page, but the name always makes me giggle.

WandaWoman said...

I love all those socks! They look great. I'll keep an eye out for SKA on Rav and see what the themes are. If I were into doing some type of slip-stitch/mosaic sock pattern, I'd probably give it a go. For November, I'm going to work on a sweater project for that month. I'll still be trying to finish up the current Mystery sock I've got on the needles.

Cathy said...

You are absolutely amazing! I love everything you make! How are ya? So glad to see a post from you (I haven't posted since I can't remember when, I have total blog block!) As usual, give that Pman a pat for me :)

Agnes said...

I am so looking forward to the November mystery pattern.
I love all the socks! but especially the pink pumpkin socks ... so cute!
And of course, the little plump paws of P-Man! :)

alt.ayu said...

I love the mosaic especially the cheetos socks!! I can't wait for your mystery pattern and have been eager since two months ago hehe... :D
hugs to P-man to; seeing him always brightens up my day!

Nana Sadie said...

You've been busy!!! Hey P-Man, we missed you...
(((Hugs)))

Alison said...

Beautiful socks as usual.

Scary thing is that I've become a two project knitter as well. (I think I've given you hives before at the number of projects I had going at once.) Right now I'm working only on my shawl and one pair of socks. (Never you mind that I have a loom coming because that's not knitting!)

Anonymous said...

What a great grouping of socks. And congrats on designing a pair. I'll look forward to seeing it.

Batty said...

Lovely socks. And you take the best cat pictures. I just want to go over there and give your P-Man a big old snuggle... alas, my kitties would be jealous, so I'll have to stay here.

fleegle said...

Completely gorgeous bunch of socks! And now that your vest is finished, what's the next big project?

MSbeckey said...

Congrats on all of the socks! That's great! I love the heels you used. The only heels I've done are the heel flaps. Haven't figured out the short-row yet. Probably just wanting a sure thing. I like your attitude of trying something that will stretch your ability though. Maybe I'll think about it more!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the mosiac and I love your kitty:)Hugs Darcy