Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Plans for the summer and other bits and pieces

I can't believe it's already May and thoughts of summer are foremost in my head....wasn't it *just* Christmas?? Sheesh!

Of course my summer plans include knitting and for me, knitting always includes socknitting so fittingly I joined....





Summer of Socks 2007

I love knitting with people of like minds and this is a pretty low key KAL with lots of return - vendor discounts, prizes, lots of cool socks to see and good company to hang with so what could be bad? Click on the button and come on down and join us, won't you? :)

Speaking of socks, here are my latest -

A Scottish** friend of mine loves knitting and I thought some socks in the colors of his Clan Tartan would make him happy. When I googled "tartan yarn" I found this superwash merino called Tartan (what else) in his exact Clan Tartan colors (navy, green, red with a touch of white.)

I thought adding the green for the ribbing, heels and toes would really make a sharp looking pair of socks and make the Tartan colorway pop. I love how these socks are coming along, don't you?

Now you may ask why I took two separate pics with my very bright orange manicure prominently featured. Well, I have always been fascinated with Koi and all things Koi. I always dreamed of a home with a Koi pond in the back yard, unfortunately my condo association doesn't share my dream, heh.

I found this polish by a company called OPI that I just had to have because it is the exact color of Koi! (and I love funky manicures!) Anyone that knows OPI, knows that they have the greatest punny names for all of their colors. Names like Cha-ching Cherry, Toron-toes, Teal the Cows Come Home and I'm Not Really a Waitress Red. This polish is called Going Ape-ricot but I think they should have called it Don't Be Koi :) These bits are for you, Karen!!

I'm still ignoring my FPS but I'm getting pretty close to finishing the Lavold tank Audrey so I should have that on the blocking board shortly.

I managed to catch another tongue pic of the P-Man!

He's really a pretty small kitty man but the way he licks his chops all time you would think he's a 100 pound cat! I guess he dreams of chicken like his Mom dreams of Koi.
Have a dreamy, knitty week!


** no, I'm not mailing them to my boyfriend Craig altho of course I would knit anything he asked for..... anything :::sigh:::

25 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think they should call the polish P-man in the House but then only knitters would understand.

P-man!

Dave said...

Very cool socks!

Carole Knits said...

Those socks look terrific - I love the color combo and the different heel and cuff really looks great. OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress is my most favorite red nail polish ever!

La Cabeza Grande said...

"Don't Be Koi." That polish is a knockout, Debi. So are you Tartan socks - whether or not they're headed to you Fergie Man!

Cookie said...

Fab socks! And I love that nail polish. I love OPI and their product names. Huggles the P-Man for me!

Nicole said...

I'll be knitting socks with you this summer. But unfortunately I won't have "Don't Be Koi" on my fingernails. (I like your name much better.)

Lorette said...

Love the Koi nail polish! You should work for Opi.
I joined the SOS, too. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself by only knitting one pair.

Agnes said...

Oh ... those koi can be really really expensive as Chinese (and maybe Japanese too) think they are positive forces in fungshui.
I love your crochet blanket ... so cute! But of course, can't beat the tongue-licking P-Man!

Anonymous said...

Opi and I...we're mates. Gotta love me some "I'm not really a waitress"

Punkin's looking handsome as ever. Is he out of Temptations yet?

sarah said...

I LOVE the orange nails! They're fabulous. You're right, they really do match the koi color pretty darn good. Flaunt away!

Anonymous said...

The sock colors are great. I really like the different colored heel and ribbing.

Carol said...

Gorgeous socks! Your nails look maaavelous! Hope you're breathing Ok over there, isn't the (air) terrible? I have a sore throat & nausea already from it. Hey P-Man!

Suzann said...

ohhhhhhhh beautiful socks. Love the nail color also

Leslie said...

Lovin' the polish, Debi! Neat socks too - I love using different yarn for the toes and cuffs - like a yarn sandwich, ya' know??

Diane said...

I'd have Koi in a pond in the back yard but I'm sure my cats would make them into a fish dinner. I dream of a chicken coop and fresh eggs every morning for breakfast.

Lolly said...

I will be with you in the Summer of Socks fun! woohoo!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

OMG, I *need* that nailpolish!!! I'm an orange freak. I was just having a discussion with my mom about. One of my early birthdays had to be all orange. Even the cake was orange and there wasn't a single green leaf on the decorations. She hadn't realized that I had come full circle back to orange. She postulated that it has always been my favorite, but it gets hard to find when it isn't "in", LOL!

Those socks look fun too!

Anonymous said...

Fab manicure and very cool sock yarn too.
The P-Man looks very comfortable! :D

Anonymous said...

Very cool socks and nails as well. Love the color (of both!).

Now that I'm returning to Florida I think I will return to my regular pedicures. I have the world's ugliest feet so.... any little bit helps. (These hoofers haven't seen the light of day since I moved up here.) I too like the Opi's. I look forward to our reunion.


Kris
www.knittingwannabe.typepad.com

Alison said...

Don't be Koi - love it! Socks are great, too.

I'm off to join Summer of Socks - it's about time for me to pick my socks back up. (Basically, it means I've acquired a LOT of new sock yarn and can't justify any more until I make at least a pair or two.)

WandaWoman said...

I'm all for the socks this summer too. I joined but forgot to add it to my sidebar. Fun socks for summer, yay! Those new socks look great. And I adore that color on your nails. I love OPI nail colors; the names are always so punny.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks, but I love that afghan the p-man is standing on!

Anonymous said...

Maybe P-man needs a koi outfit for Halloween? It would be very cute.

You can come over a visit/feed the koi in my pond any time you want.

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged. Details on my blog :)

I love reading your blog.

Kimberly said...

Cool socks!! Last year the kids and I went to the aquarium all the time and they just loved petting the koi. Ever since then we've been a koi-loving family.