Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sockage!

It's all socks, all the time lately at FKD! First up we have the completed pair of my first successful ever short row heels! These were knit top-down with the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts short row heel. I usually knit my socks top down with a flap heel so this was a bit outside the box for me. I'm really happy with the way these turned out and my Mom (the recipient) is totally thrilled.

My next foray into sock adventure will be to go even further outside the box and do a toe up sock with a short row heel...WOOT!! Can you stand the excitement??
Actually I'm working on a pair now with a lovely lace pattern and the Turkish Cast-On I mentioned in my last post. These socks will be easy to upsize or downsize in the foot or calf area so if the socks come out the way I hope, I'll post the free pattern...stay tuned!

This week was the finale of Alison's wonderful Sockapalooza 2 and look what a lucky girl I am......

Since this is my birthday week, my wonderful sock pal sent my socks wrapped in an adorable personalized birthday sock label!

And could these socks be any more gorgeous!!! They are made of the softest Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in the stunning Wild Cherry colorway. My sock pal Susan (unfortunately she doesn't have a blog) used the Go With the Flow pattern from IK and I've never seen such perfect knitting! They are just soft and lovely and wonderful...THANK YOU SUSAN! I love my new socks!


Coincidently, I just knit the Go With The Flow socks myself! They became an impromptu gift for an admiring fellow blogger, Heather. And because Heather is such a sweetie, she sent me a little something too....behold.....


A beautiful bottle of my favorite nail polish - OPI, an adorable cat picture frame soon to be filled with the P-Man visage, a stunning agate and silver bracelet that Heather made herself, a Belly Dancing kit (this could be very scary!!) and a whisper soft hank of handspun merino that Heather, who is obviously a spinning prodigy as she *just* took up spinning, spun herself!! Double WOOT!!! Thank you so much Heather! Oh, and a bag of plain M&M's that seem to have, um, disappeared :)

Tomorrow is my actual birthday, so the P-Man is resting up in anticipation of the day's festivities. Hope everyone has a great weekend ....the linen Shaped Triangle is finished so lots-o-pics next week, see ya then!


18 comments:

Ada said...

beautiful socks..and about that other present..i can't wait to hear about your adventures with the belly dancing kit.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNY

LOVE ADA

Agnes said...

What fun presents you got from Heather! Me too, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the belly dance kit. Your sock pal has done such a good job! I like the colourway of the socks!
Happy Birthday to you again!

StarKnits said...

i'm just drooling over your socks! i can't wait till my Sockapal socks get here! i can't wait to see if my sock pal liked the ones i sent.. i'm so nervous!
i love your cat it's sooo cute!

Kelly Harms Wimmer said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Tell Pumpkin to give you a hug from me!

xo
NYC Mouse

Anonymous said...

All of the socks here look awesome. You have a great sock pal, those socks are lovely. Can't wait until my sock pal gets hers........

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! Mine's in two months, but I'm getting my present early (it should come next week) - a spinning wheel! Can't wait to see picts of your Shaped Triangle! Hope your birthday is good!

Anonymous said...

Happy to oblige there birthday girl! I love those socks you received! Purdy!
I'm wanting to see some belly dancing action too. I think there's finger cymbols in that box, break em out! Ching ching ching

Sharlene said...

Gorgeous socks! I've been thinking about trying a pair again since I read that Vogue article... makes the toe so easy! That bracelet looks fab too, you must show a close-up. :)

Anonymous said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y* !

Hope it was fab !

cmeknit said...

Happy Birthday! Great socks...you are so lucky!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine. The socks look great!

Anonymous said...

A very, very, very Happy Birthday to you, sweetpea!!! Lukcy you to have red socks to wear.

Thanks for the preview;-)

PBnJ said...

happy birthday!! =D

Debi said...

Ladies!! Thanks for the kind Birthday wishes and compliments on my socks however you DO NOT want to see this Fluffy Knitter belly dancing! Trust me on this :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late for actual birthday wishes so here's some belated wishes that your day was GREAT!

Your sock pal socks are beautiful. I'm still checking my mail. ;)

Suzanne said...

Thank you thank you thank YOU! I absolutely love my socks. The beads ROCK and the color ROCKS and the fit ROCKS! I love them!

The kids are fascinated by your kids--P-man is soooo cute.

Thanks so much sock pal--Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday!! Great socks! I'm still waiting on mine & to hear from Brooke whom I sent mine to.

savannahchik said...

hey...i know i'm a few days late but i wanted to wish you a happy belated. i hope you had a great day!