Thursday, April 05, 2007

Finally some knitting and a freebie

Thanks for all the compliments on my Carnival Throw! I'm very very happy with it and I'm glad you like it too!

Now for the good news....I have 10 assorted skeins of this wonderful Shine left over so I thought, why not share this yummy yarn with someone who's never tried Shine before? So that's exactly what I'm gonna do!



There is more than enough for a tank top, baby items, a mini blanket or even the start of a bigger blanket so if you're interested in trying out one of my favorite yarns drop me an email at FluffyKnitterDeb@comcast.net before midnight Sunday April 8th. I'll use a number generator to pick a winner and announce the lucky recipient next week! Good luck everyone!

Now for some actual knitting! YAY! I wasn't knitting at all while I was finishing up the crocheted Carnival Throw and boy did I miss it!


First up, here's the progress on my Forest Path Stole. I'm on tier #3 and I'm really enjoying it! I LOVE the color I chose (Juniper) and the Zephyr is just so nice to work with.

I do wish I was finished already just cause it's spring and there are so many spring/summer things I want to knit but I'll get there! I'm probably gonna shorten the number of tiers I do because other members of the KAL are finding the stole as written is very long. My recipient is on the petite side and I don't want the stole to wear her instead of her wearing the stole! Alas, that decision is still a long way off tho so we'll see!

On Tuesday my blogging friend Carole posted about sock knitting addiction and I confess I too have a sock knitting *problem* I had to go for my yearly check up last week and I sat in the doctor's off FOR THREE HOURS before I was seen!!! (That's a whole 'nother rant!) and I was without ANY knitting! Oh the humanity!! Oh the abject rage :)

The FPS certainly isn't portable knitting and the Carnival Throw was to big to be carting around! It was the first time I wished I was a more polygamous knitter because I NEEDED A SOCK TO KNIT!! I missed socknitting so much, I was having the ST's (sockphoria tremens) and socknitting withdrawal is not pretty!!

Thankfully all is again right with my world because of this little beauty:


She's knit with the fabulous Trekking XXL #78. I'm using the nice and stretchy Blueberry Waffle pattern for the leg and I'm winging the rest cause this is a gift for a very fluffy footed friend. I just love the vibrant color changes and altho purple is not one of my favorite colors I *really* want to keep this sock! I'm calling it my Blackberry Waffle sock and I just may have to make another for me someday cause the Trekking is just so pretty!

I found something kinda funny the other day. Remember this tank from last year? I got a new knitting book as a gift, the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One, Knit and Purl. It's a great book with lots of cool patterns that I will definitely use for designing in the future (socks!! I just cannot help myself! heh) As I was browsing thru the pages, I spied this on page 90.....


And then this:

See? I TOLD you it was a Thistle Flower and NOT a Lotus Blossom :)

My adorable P-Man wants you all to have a great weekend and reminds you to send those emails if you want that pretty Shine yarn.

He also wants you to come back next week for yet another giveaway cause his Mom is just full of surprises! Hope your weekend is full of lots of Spring knitting!!

19 comments:

Beth said...

It should come as no surprise that I have that color Trekking marinating in my sock yarn stash. :) Nice choice of pattern for it!

Anonymous said...

I know your yearning for spring knitting. I fear I may never get there. After I finish the socks I'm working on, I really need to get back to my Rogue. It really shouldn't be taking me this long.

Jes said...

I too suffer from the sock addiction! and have been stuck in the Drs office with nothing to knit. I HATE that.
The stole is lovely! I am, however, highly biased towards zephyr, so that helps a lot too =) I can't wait to see it blocked =)

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love that sock yarn, and the pattern suits it well.

blissfulknitter at gmail dot com

kimberly said...

Oh that stole is soo pretty, but then I'm a lace fanatic and can't get enough of it.
I love your lotus blossom tank from last year-I knit one too in white. I have that book and thought the same thing as you. Definitely a thistle.
I love purple, so I understand why you want to keep that sock, I would too. I can't believe you didn't have a sock on the needles. This is beyond comprehension. You without a sock? What is this world coming to? ;-)
Oh and by the way, 3 hours of waiting and no knitting would have made me crazy. I admire you for making it through. :-)

Carol said...

3 Hours with no knitting? Are they still there? hee hee Glad to see you with a sock in your hands again! how could I say no to the P-Man? You're so organized and generous!

Anonymous said...

At first, after reading your blog, I thought I might have the same Trekking! But after I checked the stash, I saw mine was #109, which is less variegated in color, but still purple. I too am not a purple person, I now want to knit me some purple socks! Thanks!

Norma said...

Debi! This did NOT show up on my Bloglines. I love that pattern with the Trekking...I thought I didn't like stitch patterns with Trekking yarn, but that one really does it justice! Sandy has a way to try to burn your feeds if Bloglines is ignoring you. I'll see if I can find it and send you the link.XO

Olga said...

Hear hear on the awesome sock color!

Carol said...

hee hee-He used it today! Got gas out of generator, put it in lawn mower. I hope that's it for the year ;)

QueenMeadow said...

Your cat is adorable!!

and 3 hours? I'd be going crazy for sure!!

(found you using the knitting bloggers webring)

Anonymous said...

I'd have died without the knitting for 3 hours! I've never seen that color of Trekking XXL before. I think it looks perfect in that stitch!

Nana Sadie said...

I am WEARING that color Trekking! I used it for my "Trek w/ Me" socks last summer and I LOVE it...
Yours are gorgeous...
And I will toss my hat into the ring...I've not used Shine, tho' I've wanted to!
P-Man - You're just SUCH a hunk!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Lovely Zephyr - and I think bloglines is messin with all of us - some feeds I get, some I don't. But I checked in with you anyway because I felt I was missing something/someone! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Trekking! I missed this one, so I've missed out on the drawing -- poot! Oh well, it's not like there isn't a whole lotta yarn already at my house! Thanks for doing a giveaway!

Anonymous said...

that thar's some purdy yarn you got. All of it, not just the contest stuff.

I guess I'll have to put Trekking at the top of my "what to buy when I'm done with KFYS"

Now, when are you gonna raffle off a week with P-man? He sure is purdy...

WandaWoman said...

Oh, that is such a gorgeous color of Trekking. I missed the deadline for the Shine giveaway, but that's ok, as I'm giving away some things too and am not really in need of more yarn. Bloglines is terrible, I didn't even see this post.

Debra said...

You know, doesn't Mrs. Walker (Barbara, of course) refer to the lace as Lotus Blossom?

I'm working on the LB Tank right now. I'm on the 3rd lace repeat, and am liking it thus far.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You are knitting the Forest Path Stole. I loooove that pattern but have not gotten to it yet!

Love the color you chose too.