Tuesday, November 07, 2006

V is for Voting, Voices and Verdigris

I try not to be terribly political here at Chez FKD but please get out today and VOTE! It's a priveledge many nations don't have, a right we are lucky enough to be afforded and a responsibility we have to ourselves and each other.

If we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem. Use your voices today and VOTE!

On a lighter note, I give you Ruben....he's the new man in my life!

He comes to me from Sweden on a Sentimental Journey, isn't he dreamy?

Ok, ok I confess, he's my new WIP....

Ruben designed by Elsebeth Lavold in Designer's Choice, The Sentimental Journey Colllection, Book Two.

I'm making Ruben as a Christmas gift for my old friend Augie. Remember him?

The pattern calls for cotton but I wanted something warmer and a bit less casual so I decided to use Silky Wool. This is my first experience with Silky Wool and WOW is it nice! It's a very smooth knit and I love the tweedy depth and almost felted feel of the yarn....yummy stuff! And the colorway I chose? VERDIGRIS!

Here's my knitting supervisor to show you my progress so far....


Isn't the Verdigris lovely? Look at that stitch definition (and that handsome P-Man!)

As much as I loved knitting the Thistle Flower tank (thank you for all the lovely compliments, btw!) I missed knitting with wool so I'm thrilled to be back! I'm really enjoying this new WIP, can you tell? I'm gushing :)

I've added 2 new buttons to my sidebar that I'll post about next time and I'll show you the progress on the entrelac socks too....til then go raise your voices and VOTE!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! - and the jumper too:-)

You can probably anwer this? Do you have to register to vote in your country or are you all registered automatically? Over here we have to register with our local parish to ensure that we are eligible to vote. No registration - no vote, and they wonder why voting numbers are down.

Suzanne said...

Gotta vote! Gotta cancel out the vote of my sometimes loveable but terribly misguided Rush-head of a dad. And in my opinion, you cannot complain about the regime if you do not vote--like you cannot complain about a headache if you do not take any advil to fix it.

VERY nice sweater. I bet silky wool is fabulous!

Cathy said...

I agree with the vote comment. Everyone should DEFINATELY vote. On a lighter note, the sweater is gorgeous :) You are a great friend to make something like that - he's gonna love it I'm sure!

Alison said...

Amen about voting. I'm not always thrilled with the candidates, but I try to always vote. My kids went with me this morning and I explained that we were lucky being able to vote.

Great sweater and looks like a nice yarn!

Dorothy said...

Ruben is too cute! Oh wait, you mean the sweater. Oh well, the sweater is cute too. Silky wool is one of my favorite yarns. I've only made a shawl out of it, but I love it. The sweater is going to wonderful - lucky Augie.
dswaite@mac.com

Carol said...

Ruben looks great! So does your new WIP ;) Augie will love it I'm sure and you're a good friend to make it for him. {P-Man}

Carole Knits said...

I'm voting later. Not to worry. That sweater will make a wonderful gift for Augie.

Nana Sadie said...

Voting accomplished this a.m.! And yup, your new "man" is lovely, but the knitting is even nicer - for Augie, huh? ;)
P-Man's not a touch jealous, is he?
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Ooooh..that's nice. The color is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh so lovely. Wools is definitely more my speed then anything else, there's just something so comforting about it as it glides through our fingers.

Dave said...

What a great colour. That's going to be one fantastic sweater.

Jes said...

Ooooh, it looks really lovely. I'm sure he'll love it!

alltangledup said...

that's a lovely pull-over.. lucky friend. I love working with wools, but it's got to be the soft stuff... nothing worst than scratchy wool

Confessions of a Knitting Diva said...

That is a great sweater!! P-man is so adorable!! I love the entrelac socks!!

Just A Knit Wit said...

Aren't ANY guys a WIP? Hehe the sweater is beautiful. Your cablework is amazing.

Anonymous said...

oh wow, i somehow missed that design. it's a great guy sweater.

now, what're the chances that he'll actually wear it and not leave it all folded up in the closet so it's "safe"?

Anonymous said...

Who makes the silky wool yarn. It looks like it knits up beautifully. My husband always says wool is itchy and this might be softer. (People who say wool is itchy don't know good wool.) Love the melon socks and the beaded wristlets.

KeesusKnitter

Anonymous said...

Oh such wonderful cables! I understand the wool thing-I'm happy to be knitting with wool again myself.

monica said...

That is a great color, and the cables look beautiful. I love cables. I love the Silky Wool too.

VickeryKnits said...

I just finished that sweater! Unfortunately, it fits me, not the guy originally intended...I loved the great cables though. Enjoy! (ps I'll post a pic of my finished sweater this weekend if you want to check it out).