Friday, June 17, 2005

Lotsa prezzies, lotsa pics, a thank you and some knitting!

It's been a busy week, finals and final papers coming due. Little posting so lots to catch up on!

First of all a great big thank you to Knitty Kim for being such a great Meet-Up organizer and making sure World Wide KIP Day was a rousing success for us Broward County knitters! Well done Kim!!

Now if that wasn't exciting enough, I got a gift from my Secret Pal this week!

First I got these really cool knitting post cards. Aren't they adorable?

Next I got these way cool *personalized* stitch markers!

Isn't my SP the BEST?? She also sent me a lovely sympathy card for losing Mickie 2 weeks ago (and Jaxon in February!) that really touched my heart! Thank you SP!!

Since class/study time is prime knitting time for me, I've been really productive. I finished the back of the AV Shaped Top (my KIP Day Project) but as it is just a rolling blob of stockinette, I didn't think it was pic/blog worthy yet.

I did finish Rob's Twined Rib Socks (free pattern on sidebar) and I thought they were very blog worthy so here they are.

And.....since I am participating in Alison's Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I started some socks for my sock pal....
I thought these sunny socks would make my sock pal smile!

But wait, there's more!!!
I recently became acquainted with a fellow blogger Liz. I helped Liz with some HTML for her blog and she so generously sent me these:
More beautiful stitch markers!! And a wee mousie for Pumpkin! Getting to know Liz has been reward enough but all these wonderful stitch markers sure made me smile! Thanks {{{{LIZ}}}}

And last but certainly not least, I leave you with this cool pic of the P-Man....he was on my back porch when he spotted a pigeon! Doesn't he look fierce!! heheh....
Have a great weekend and keep knitting!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, jealous, jealous of all your cool stitch markers. Way cool!

alison said...

Lovely sockapalooza socks. The yellow is very sunny. Nice choice!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked your package! Strange that your friend Liz and I had the same thought about stitch markers...there must be some project on your horizon that requires a lot of marking. Happy Knitting, SP.

~SP

Ada said...

oh how cool those stitchmarkers are. I'm going to give it a try and see if i can make such nice looking stitchmarkers.
You're such a lucky girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

love those yellow socks. sunshine in a sock has got to be a good thing

meowmom said...

A couple years ago I knit these socks and today rediscovered the pattern, for which I !THANK YOU!. I love the pattern and still wear them a lot. Here's where I "linked" to you: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/16532573