Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't hate her because she's beautiful!

Last Thursday was FK Mom's birthday so y'all know what that means.......

The vest from Hades Mom's Vest was gifted!!!

Despite being a very reluctant supermodel (hence the bare half smile despite my hijinks to make her strike a pose, hehe) here's the money shot:

Doesn't she look dishy? It's a perfect fit, just the length she wanted, the cute little Star Trek cap sleeves she requested AND SHE LOVES IT!!

I know it's hard to see from the pic but the buttons I went with are these:

And I think they look beautiful! As usual, the P-Man contributed his honking big white hair that is in every pic despite close FKD scrutiny :::sigh:::

Because the pattern was completely heinous to knit, again there will be no linkage. If you're just dying to know, the info is on my Rav page.

This was a total surprise for Mom and I guesstimated her specs so I'm really happy to be done with this albatross with the fit and I'm so glad she loves it!

Happy Birthday Beautiful FK MOM! :)

19 comments:

Kris said...

That is beautiful. You did a great job.

La Cabeza Grande said...

The vest from Hades looks heavenly, Debi! Too bad Mom didn't rise to the hijinks occasion because it looks great on her.

Cookie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

You did a wonderful job even with the questionable pattern... and it's not a finished object until it's covered in cat hair.

Agnes said...

It is indeed very beautiful ... and the colour is gorgeous!

Suzann said...

It may have been the vest from hell to knit, but it looks great on your Mom. Tell her that is her color. It is ok Mom, we are all friendly out here!

WandaWoman said...

The vest looks wonderful Debi! I'm glad you were able to complete and the FKD mom was happy and surprised!

Opal said...

The vest looks perfect on her!

alt.ayu said...

wow it's beautiful!!! and nice nice nice buttons too :D
A happy birthday to your mum!

Cathy said...

You did an awesome job and she looks beautiful in it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FK MOM :). And a project wouldn't be a finished project without a little bit of a contribution from PMan - that's what makes it extra special! I hope you are doing well Deb, Take care!

Nana Sadie said...

Terrific! And Happy Birthday to FKD's Mom!!!
(And surely she wants a special contribution from her favorite furry "grankid?" *wink*
(((Hugs)))

Hunter said...

What a great fit and it looks great on your mom.

And it's good to see that P-Man is doing his job.

Darilyn

Carole Knits said...

Happy birthday to the mom! The vest looks terrific.

Madge said...

Happy birthday, FKD's Mom! The vest turned out beautifully for a beautiful lady!

P.S. Star Trek sleeves - *snort*.
P.P.S. I haven't sent any recently, so scritches to P-Man.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Beautiful job. And Mom looks great in it also ... I bet she's tickled pink under that timid smile too.

AmyP said...

Happy Birthday to your mom - has she considered modelling? She has the right en vogue look! Actually, she adopts the same look and pose as my mum when a camera is produced!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday FK's Mom. Your vest looks wonderful. You'll be the envy of everyone!

Anonymous said...

Wish your mom a Happy Bday from Tucson!!

Yippee to have the project from hell done!

kath

Anonymous said...

As painful as it was to knit, it turned out beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a great FO. I know what you mean about cat hair. When I was on vacation, it was a simple matter to look at any knit object I had with me and say, "Here, this is the color of our cat".

There was a LOL Cat picture with a cat in a suitcase, saying "I knew you'd miss me, so I packed you some hair." Yup!