Sunday, March 30, 2008

Still waiting.....


I still await my computer's return to it's usual spot so when all else fails, meme right? Plus I have an important announcement to make at the end of this post :)

I've seen this meme on lots of blogs but it appears not many bloggers love the movies I do so I thought I'd give you the Chez FKD version....

The rules:

  • Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
  • Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
  • Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
  • Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
  • Looking them up is cheating. Please don’t.
1- I won't love you for the rest of your life, I'll love you for the rest of mine - Phenomenon - Katy delurks to answer this one

2- If you don't tell me what's on your mind, I'm afraid I'll have to smother you with a pillow - The Green Mile - good job, Stephanie

3- What do we do now? It'll come to us - Meet Joe Black - spot on danagirl

4- Something's happened to me since I met you that I wasn't expecting... And I wasn't... expecting -- heh, repetition of 'expecting' I must buy a thesaurus-- anyway... - Sliding Doors - Jana got this one and I'm totally impressed :)

5- Do you believe in pre-marital sax? - St. Elmo's Fire - way to go becky c

6- Yo Osama. Plan the Jihad on your own time. - Crash - yay! Kelley got it!

7- Miguel....I'm ready... - Philadelphia - Jana got this one too!

8- The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return - Moulin Rouge - icesk8ie knows her musicals! (mmm Ewan!)

9- You once wrote, there comes a time when all the cosmic tumblers have clicked into place and the universe opens it’s self up for a few seconds to show you what’s possible - from Field of Dreams - Desert Rat got it!

10- Don't bark at me! I didn't name you! - As Good As It Gets - I can't believe this one took so long but Melanie finally got it!

Have fun!!

Y'all yelled at me last year for not alerting you in advance so this year I'm giving y'all two weeks notice.....

April 14 is once again WORLD GRITS DAY!!!

So get you some butter, some cheese, some salt and pepper, a bit of tabasco (I like mine green!), even some red eye gravy if you're so inclined and have yourself a big, yummy bowl of grits!

And once again Kris of The Knitting Wannabe and Sonny and Shear is sponsoring her annual Sticks -n- Grits event! Woo Hoo!!!

Just whip up a bowl of the good stuff, let it pose with your sticks and whatever WIP you've got on em, take a pic and post it to your blog....then let Kris know by leaving a comment on her blog and you could win some groovy prizes!


Pumpkin says, you've been officially notified!

I'll be back in a few days with a finished pair of socks that are really wonderful, vest progress and whatever new socks I start and a fixed computer, I hope!....see ya soon!

29 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Don't hate me, but, I've never had grits.

Anonymous said...

I've had grits, but I was underwhelmed. I think maybe I've never had GOOD grits. :)

I'm a cream of wheat kinda girl, except that I can't eat wheat much anymore. Corn isn't too good for me, either.

Carol said...

I forgot all about grits day! I still eat mine like a northerner, milk and sugar ;-) P-Man, do you like anchovies in yours?

Dorothy said...

Ah, Sticks and Grits - second only to Christmas, right? Thanks for the reminder. I was a little late last year. For the record, I love grits. Absolutely no guesses on the movie lines, but I'll be checking back for the answers.

DesertRat said...

Number 9 is from Field of Dreams, one of my personal favorites.

Unknown said...

Number 8 is from Moulin Rouge.

Kris said...

Thanks for helping with the Grits 'n Sticks kick off. Can't wait for you to get your computer fixed and be back up to speed.

Kisses to the P-Man!

Anonymous said...

I haven't got a clue on any of the quotes, but as a transplanted souther girl, I love me some grits.

WandaWoman said...

I love grits and all, but can't say I feel the need to celebrate them with a day, just sayin.

Batty said...

I suck at movie quotes, but I sure appreciate a beautiful kitty pic! What a cutie!

Becky G said...

I think #10 might be Garfield, but I'm not entirely sure because I've only seen that movie once.

Mmmmmm grits. Love me some grits.

becky c. said...

I think #5 is from St. Elmo's Fire. Rob Lowe...sigh.

Madge said...

And a line from one of my fave movies:

"What...is a grit?"

Sorry, I don't know any of your movie quotes. Gah. And I wanna cheat and look them up. Yeah, I'm a bad person; sometimes I read the ending of a book first, too.

Fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed your computer woes end soon. 'Coz it's been, like, forever. x.

Anonymous said...

I think #6 is from Just Like Heaven. One of my all-time favorite movies!!!

Anonymous said...

You have me completely stumped!

Either we don't watch the same movies, or I don't pay attention enough

Anonymous said...

Is #3 Geoffrey Rush in Shakespeare in Love?

Anonymous said...

Delurking for a guess...#1 is Phenomenon.

Stephanie said...

#2 is from The Green Mile.

danagirl said...

#3 is Meet Joe Black. Such a strange movie - a guilty pleasure, tho. Grits, um, not so much a pleasure!
-dana

Lorette said...

Dang, I don't have any idea of the ones that haven't been guessed already.
And I'm getting my grits recipe ready. Yum!

Jana said...

Is #4 Sliding Doors?

Jana said...

OOhh I think I have another one. Is #7 Philadelphia?

Jes said...

Ewwwwww, grits! Yuck. I'll enjoy looking at the pics tho :)

I don't know any of those quotes, and even if I did, I probably couldn't summon the brain power to think of them! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. Is quote #6 from Crash?

Rebecca said...

I love my grits! Unfortunately, I will be traveling all day. I have a layover in Atlanta though. Maybe I can find a bowl in the airport!

Unknown said...

#10 is Steel Magnolias- Shirley McClaine's character. Lyndela

Debi said...

Sorry Lynne, it isn't Steel Magnolias.

Melanie said...

#10 the last one..is from As Good as it Gets. =)
I love that movie. You picked some good movie quotes Deb!

Jana said...

I had to see what the rest of the answers were. Some sounded sooo familiar and others were ???? Great fun!