A quick thanks for all the comments! It was really nice to see so many lurkers reveal themselves!
As I said, I was really addressing my personal chagrin with my inability to leave comments thanks to my ISP but I'm glad it got so many to say hi! And please never, never think any comment is too insignificant or "unoriginal"....even a "me too" is appreciated and welcome!
I've finished knitting the wonderful Embossed Leaves socks, see?
Pattern: Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt for Interweave Knits Magazine Winter 2005
Size #1 (2.5 mm) 40" Addi Turbo circ and Magic Loop method
Koigu PPPM, 2 skeins (with lots left over!) color #616
Mods: As I stated previously, the 1 x 1 rib cast-on suggested in the magazine is NOT the tubular cast-on the designer used. After trying out both I ended up using my standard German Twisted cast-on because I felt it looked best with the twisted ribbing and was more stretchy than the 1 x 1 rib cast-on.
I also added a YO short row heel (without mini flap this time) and rather than the SSK suggested by the pattern to form the leaves, I used a K2tog thru the back look because I find it much "smoother" than the SSK and more closely resembles the K2tog.
Lastly, I grafted the last toe stitches closed rather than the "purse-string" closure the pattern suggests because I felt it would be much more comfortable for wearing.
I loved knitting these beautiful socks....great pattern, quick knit and stunning outcome. I will absoulutely knit these again!
Now the ladies over at JenLa have thrown down the gauntlet of a blog scavenger hunt and far be it from me to shy away from a challenge! So here goes.....
1. A blog which you think people have not discovered. Everything here is pure beauty....her cooking, her home, her knitting, her life.
2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative. Catherine, who's a bit north of me but she feels like a next door neighbor.
3. An unusual or weird animal picture. Angora on the half shell
4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers. The infamous "Ass Tree" post
5. An idea you wish you’d thought of. Some hate em, many love em but almost everybody has tried em or wants to! Addi Turbos
6. Something you’d like to knit. Oregon
7. A picture of something you consider beautiful. Kris' view
8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person. Ack!! there as so many so I'll give you my top 3: Margene Liz and of course La
9. A blog of someone you have already met in person. My patient and wonderful Knit Group organizer, Kim
To sign off, here's the P-Man hanging out in his "garden" (my tablecloth!)
He says, "Even tho it was already 88 degrees here today, Happy Spring to all!"