Monday, December 05, 2005

Finally!

As promised, here are some finished objects.....

These are the socks I knit as a thank you gift for my generator endowed neighbor who was so kind and helpful during our EIGHTEEN DAYS without power!!


Specs:

Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool in "Wildnerness". 2x2 tubular cast on and 4x2 rib, my own design, on size #2 US (2.75 mm) Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN's. LOVE this colorway and the yarn is sooooo soft! My neighbor has already sampled sock #1 so he is eager for his first pair of hand knit socks!

It is with great joy, I announce the completion of the Ocean Lace Stole!! Since I've been bitching about the "ick" factor of this yarn since I cast on, I'll spare you yet another harrangue!


Specs:

Ocean Lace Stole Kit from Just One More Row. Knit on #9 US (6.0 mm) Denise Interchangeable Needles. A very easy lace pattern and a lovely stole in the end if you don't stab yourself with your needles because the yarn is THAT heinous!
The color in the above shot is true and it's a gorgeous turquoise, teal, purple and green colorway. It's a light, airy stole and a classic that can be casual or dressy. I think the recipient will LOVE it!!

Ubiquitous over the rail close up


Altho the end result is a winner, I would NOT recommend this kit....The lace is a basic one and it would be much easier to choose a suitable lace pattern from any stitch dictionary and knit up a comprable stole in a nice soft alpaca or merino and step away from the nasty boucle!! Thank god this is finally DONE!!

They say out with the bad, in with the good right? Well the boucle was very very bad but look at the "good" that showed up in it's place!! Two glorious skeins of Diakeito Diamusee Fine yarn! My great friend Liz sent me these as a "cheer up" gift along with the cutest hand made survival kit, some kitty-themed doodads, some treats for the P-Man and the all important chocolate! Won't these make the dishiest socks EVER?? I'm not knitting so much now but footies for me with the Pumpkin Yarn are next up in the queue and then these little beauties if I can stop petting them long enough! Thanks so much Lizzie Lui!!


I wanted to show off one of Pumpkin's most unique features. Aside from his devastatingly handsome face he has tufts of hair growing from the tops of his ears like a Lynx! Doesn't he look ferocious? Har.


I've gotten some emails inquiring about my well being because I haven't been posting much. I really try to keep the content of this blog focused on my knitting but I am really having a hard time coping with my ongoing situation. Knitting is really my only salvation because I am emotionally, financially and spritually spent. I'm not sure when I'll feel up to posting again but I'm greatful for the concern and that I'm missed. I'll be back when I'm able.

24 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Knit on! Cute kittie.

Anonymous said...

Love the kitty photo and those socks are great. You're so thoughtful to knit them for your neighbor. Like Margene said, wish I could do something to help you deal with whatever it is. Positive thoughts and stuff vibrating in your direction, though, will have to suffice.

Terri said...

You have the most wonderful blog, and your knitting looks great as well. You have very possibly the best knitting blog I have ever seen, and it definitely beats mine all hollow! Happy knitting.

Pumpkinmama said...

Some lovely projects! Glad you are finding solace in your knitting, and hope things improve for you very soon!

Anonymous said...

The stole is so beautiful, I love the color.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and my prayers. I just want to see some good things come your way, enough to renew your hope. I wish I could do something more to help.

P-Man... you're handsome as ever!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. That P-man has the most interesting face! He looks like he's thinking deep thoughts. Thinking of you and hoping your situation improves and that you can get back on track with school. The socks are great! Keep in mind the immortal words of EZ - Knitting sooths the troubled breast - and it doesn't hurt the untroubled breast either. Dorothy (Missouri Star)

Hunter said...

Thinking of you and sending Maui magic your way. Tigger sends purrs to P-Man.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Marguerite said...

I found where Blogger hid the date stamp! And I'm willing to share because you have such a beautiful Pumpkin.

In the lower left corner of the window where you compose your post is a little triangle pointing right. Next to it are the words "Post and Comment Options".

Click on the little triangle and the date and time stamp will appear.

Take care of yourself as you go through this difficult time.

Debi said...

Thanks Marguerite!! All fixed now :)

savannahchik said...

the FOs look great. big congrats on getting thru that boucle yarn. sounds like my river but i gave in and didn't knit it as long ;)

take care of yourself and get/give plenty of P-man hugs. love the little tufts coming from the tips of his ears.

it's good he can't see all our comments. he'd be hard to live with if he only knew!

Anonymous said...

Aw, hang in there babe. For somebody who is "spent", you are knitting some gorgeous stuff. Your stole is beautiful, and I love the socks.
The color of your Diakeito yarn is soooo luscious!

Cheer up sweetie!

Anonymous said...

take care of yourself, Deb. would be happy to stand you some tea (or beverage of your choice) and sympathy whilst KIPping...
all the best,
caroline

Agnes said...

I have never knitted with boucle yarn ... but I don't think I'll like it either! But the stole is really beautiful!
Love the new P-Man pic! Ferocious indeed!

Anonymous said...

yup, I wandered over here to see how you've been doing. Haven't heard from you for a little while. You know you can always IM me/call me if you just need to talk, right?

Much hugs and love

chris said...

I'm so sorry, I've been trying to leave a comment all day, but for some reason, the word verification kept rejecting my comment. Crossing my fingers that it works this time! The socks for you neighbor are GORGEOUS! I'm sure he'll love them, especially in such a great colorway. And your stole is just breathtaking! SO beautiful. I know the yarn was a headache ;-) but the end result is stunning. I'm so happy that you received such a lovely cheer-up gift- you certainly deserve it. I can't even imagine all that you're going through...hang in there and all my best wishes to you. Take care! :-)

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

As if the holidays weren't hard enough already, you get to continue to 'deal'. Interesting how one word can mean so much, eh? You know I'm thinking about you!!

I know you're jazzed to knit the the pumpkin yarn but I can't wait to see that Diakeito knit up. I keep seeing it in stores but I'd love to see it as socks!

Kelly Harms Wimmer said...

Oh, it's just so nice to see your post in my bloglines! Knit on babe, post when you're ready, and kisses to your awesome cat.

Ada said...

The stole is looking beautiful. Hang in there!!

Leslie said...

I'm sure you are sick to death of that old saying "God wouldn't put it on your plate if you couldn't deal with it." But, you'll contiue to deal with it because there's no other option - Pumpkin needs his Deb, we need our Deb, your friends and family need you.

At least you have the electricity back and the H season is over.

We're all sending good mojo your way and special hugs for the P-Man.

Write when you wish - just take care of yourself.

Lorette said...

It's good to see you back, even though I know you've got enough going on without worrying about blogging, too. Take care of yourself; you're in my thoughts!

Acornbud said...

Great FOs and I love that Diakeito Diamusee, such a yummy color. Pumpkin has great ears.
I can't imagine 18 days without power. Take care of yourself and write when you can.

Alison said...

The stole is beautiful!

I miss your posts, but you need to take care of yourself first of all. You and Pumpkin will continue to be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hope your situation improved really quick. Been thinking about you & your cute kitty!